Friday 4 March 2016

TARRAGONA

Good morning guys! Today I will talk about my hometown, Tarragona. For me is one of the most beautiful cities of Spain. Tarragona it’s located in the north-east of the Iberian Peninsula, not far from Barcelona city. It was formerly a Roman city and it still retains much Roman monuments. The main roman ruins in Tarragona are: the amphitheatre, the circus, the Roman walls, the Necropolis, the Forum, the Palace of Augustus and the aqueduct. At least this information can be found in guidebooks.
Roman Amphitheatre


My goal is to show you the most exclusive places that keep the city.  


Located at the top of Rambla Nova, rising 40 meters above the sea, this airy “balcony” offers a splendid view of the Mediterranean Sea, the Tarragona Port, Platja del Miracle (Miracle beach) and the ancient Roman amphitheatre. A place beloved by Tarragona natives, legend has it that touching its singular railing (“tocar ferro”) brings good luck.  So do not forget to touch the balcony!

Mediterranean Balcony

One of the activities they like most natives of Tarragona are to walk through the Part Alta (Old Town). The best way to explore the culture of the city is to wander through the narrow streets of the Old Town and finish the route drinking a beer and eating Tapas on a terrace in Plaça de la Font.
Plaça de la Font
Tarragona's Cathedral
























Finally, I'll show you one of the paradises that have Tarragona. In a few kilometres out of Tarragona town it is a place called “Castell de Tamarit” Tamarit Castle.  It is a twelfth century castle where you can delightful one of the most spectacular views of the area. There are also two beaches where you can go and relax. I recommend you to walk through the paths around the coast. Hope you enjoy your time in Tarragona! See you the next week!
Tarragona's beach


4 comments:

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Author

Hi! My name is Julia, I am from Catalonia (Spain) and I am an Erasmus student in the University of the West of Scotland. I’m studying a bachelor in Business and my purpose is to show you the beauties of my region. Once a week I will publish a post from a location in Catalonia. I would like to show you all the most beautiful and exclusive locations featuring my land.