Sunday 27 March 2016

PYRENEES




Hi guys! How are you? Are you ready for the Easter Break? Today I’m going to talk about the Pyrenees. Many of you know Catalonia for it's rich cultural and the kilometres of the beaches there are. However, in the northern Catalonia are the Pyrenees, a range of mountains that forms a natural border between France and Spain. The Pyrenees are popular for winter sports such as skiing and mountaineering. The biggest ski resort it has is Baqueira Beret. Located in the heart of the Pyrenees, in the Aran Valley is the largest and most popular winter resort in Spain.
Baqueira Beret has 91 miles of ski runs market spread in 150 pistes.
Here you have the map of slopes:
Baqueira Beret Ski Slopes Map


I encourage you to go skiing. Snow is running out!

CURIOSITIES
  • Baqueira Beret is the favourite destination of the kings of Spain to go skiing. They have 3 houses next to the ski resort. The Royal Family used to go skiing since 1974, so as appreciation, the resort ski owners built a chairlift in front of the house of the king.
  • Typically dish;  Aran hotpot. You can find the recipe in the following link: http://www.parador.es/en/paradores/parador-de-vielha/gastronomy/recipes/aran-hotpot.

3 comments:

  1. Després de un dia de ski, unos baños en Tredós y una olla aranesa. El cielo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sky slopes are fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Després de un dia de ski, unos baños en Tredós y una olla aranesa. El cielo.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Author

Hi! My name is Julia, I am from Catalonia (Spain) and I am an Erasmus student in the University of the West of Scotland. I’m studying a bachelor in Business and my purpose is to show you the beauties of my region. Once a week I will publish a post from a location in Catalonia. I would like to show you all the most beautiful and exclusive locations featuring my land.