Thursday 25 February 2016

CADAQUÉS






Good afternoon guys! Today I will talk about Cadaqués, one of my favourite towns in Catalonia. Cadaqués is situated on a bay in the Costa Brava of the Mediterranean Sea. It only takes two hours by car from Barcelona so thus it’s very accessible.

Cadaqués is a former fishing village that has been inspiring many artists as Salvador Dalí or Pablo Picasso. One of Dalí quotes of this town was: "I have spent a delightful summer, as always, in the perfect and dreamy town of Cadaqués. There, alongside the Mediterranean Sea, I have been quenched by light and color".



The village has been developed carefully over the years and retains its charm. one of the lovelies of Cadaqués is the Old Town where all the houses are painted in white. I recommend you walk through the sreets and visit the church of Santa Maria. You will enjoy wonderful views over the bay.


Old Town



You cannot miss the Cadaqués beach. It’s a delightful place to relax and enjoy the views. 

Cadaqués' beach

3 comments:

  1. Lovely place, breathtaking view. Cadaqués will be our next holiday destination Júlia ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leyendo tu artículo no queda duda en que hay que visitar Cadaqués antes de morir!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leyendo tu artículo no queda duda en que hay que visitar Cadaqués antes de morir!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Author

Hi! My name is Julia, I am from Catalonia (Spain) and I am an Erasmus student in the University of the West of Scotland. I’m studying a bachelor in Business and my purpose is to show you the beauties of my region. Once a week I will publish a post from a location in Catalonia. I would like to show you all the most beautiful and exclusive locations featuring my land.