Tuesday 29 March 2016

SPECIAL POST: EASTER DAY


Hello! Today I will not talk about a destination to visit in Catalonia. Yesterday was the Easter Day, so I will talk about a Catalan tradition for these days. Traditionally in Catalonia on Easter Day, we eat a cake called La Mona de Pasqua. Basically consists of a cake with apricot jam and decorated with almonds, chocolate glaze and chocolate eggs. Sometimes the cake can be accompanied with a chocolate figure.
The tradition says that the godparents have to give to their godchildren La Mona de Pasqua.
Here you have some pictures of this delicious dessert!
Traditional Cake

Smurfs Chocolate Figure
















Unfortunately, my godfather couldn’t give me La Mona de Pasqua this yearL. However, I tried, with two other Catalan friends, to make the cake ourselves. Here you can see the result. Not bad, isn’t it?
My Mona de Pasqua :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Author

Hi! My name is Julia, I am from Catalonia (Spain) and I am an Erasmus student in the University of the West of Scotland. I’m studying a bachelor in Business and my purpose is to show you the beauties of my region. Once a week I will publish a post from a location in Catalonia. I would like to show you all the most beautiful and exclusive locations featuring my land.